Pink Arrow, Bow Tie Hearts Blinking, Letter C .jump-link { text-align: center; } -->

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Annabelle is in heat...

(sorry it isn't the best quality...)

Starting Sunday night, Annabelle started acting strange... for one, to our dismay, she would drag herself along the couch instead of just walking. Then she began meowing constantly.

Stupidly (well to me it was stupid), my little brother decided that Annabelle just wanted to be pet and that's why she wouldn't hush. He began rubbing her belly... Oh boy, that's when it got crazy. She start yowling and yowling, then stuck her bottom in the air ....... still yowling. She also does a little step-step with her feet, which is really cute actually.

She had a vet appointment on Monday, so while there I told the vet how Annabelle had been acting. The vet confirmed my suspicion that even though Annabelle is only 10 months old, she is now in heat.

Annabelle is a strictly inside cat so I don't think we'll have to worry, but there is a male cat that hangs around our house. I think Annabelle may be able to smell his pheromones because she has recently become curious about the front door.

I don't know how long cats stay in heat, but I am ready for it to be over!



UPDATE! (1/21): Annabelle is getting spayed on Wednesday!

Caylee ★

1 comment:

Pink Arrow, Bow Tie Hearts Blinking, Letter C