Pink Arrow, Bow Tie Hearts Blinking, Letter C .jump-link { text-align: center; } -->

Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine theme nails~ + picture tutorial thingy.

I wanted to make my nails all cutesy for Valentine's Day, so I made them into chocolate dipped strawberries!

What you'll need:
♥ Base/top coat ♥
♥ Baby pink coloured polish ♥
♥ Brown polish ♥
♥ White polish ♥
♥ Long tweezers (or orange stick) ♥
♥ Nail glue ♥
♥ 2 different green rhinestones ♥
♥ Nail art brushes - dotting/detailing ♥



Step 1:
Apply base coat (duh). Let dry then apply 2 coats of the baby pink polish.


Step 2:

After the baby pink polish has dried -- use the dotting tool and white polish to make your strawberries' "seeds".


Step 3:
Now you have strawberries! Now use your detailing brush along with the brown polish.
(A lighter brown colour could even be caramel!) Trace the shape of your chocolate drips (I forgot to take a pic...) then fill it in with the polish brush.


You can finish after this step by applying 2 coats of top coat if you'd like!
I decided to give my strawberries rhinestone "stems", though. (:
I used 2mm light green & 1mm dark green rhinestones.

(optional) Step 4:
Apply nail glue along the base of your strawberry and apply the stones with large tweezers (or orange stick).
Then, apply 2 coats of top coat.

And there you have it! Adorable dipped strawberry nails just in time for Valentine's!



Caylee ★

4 comments:

  1. wow ur really good with nails...they're adorable...luv it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of strawberry nails! That's something I didn't think about. I love them! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherrypop: Thank you! ♥ I actually plan to go to Cosmetology school, so I've been practicing on my own for now~ xD;

    Hannah: Thank you! Chocolate-dipped strawberries are the perfect Valentine food (to me), so I wanted them to be with me more often! That probably sounds so cheese-ball... xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww so cute! i love they idea of chocolate dipped strawberries ;u; its so cute <333

    ReplyDelete

Pink Arrow, Bow Tie Hearts Blinking, Letter C