Pink Arrow, Bow Tie Hearts Blinking, Letter C .jump-link { text-align: center; } -->

Monday, August 1, 2011

My progress so far



Happy August, lovelies!
Over the past 7 months I've been slowly (turtle pace, even) working at Himegyaru. I feel like I've come quite a ways within these many months, so I'd like to do a little photo log of my progress so far (before officially starting my 2-month 'journey' today ♥).



I started attempting the general gyaru hair and make-up around December/January. I had been reading Popteen/egg/Ranzuki for a while, and had just stumbled upon ageha.

from My Attempt at Hime hair & makeup (January)
My hair and makeup were just... I don't know -- wrong? I thought it was ~amazing~ at the time, but looking back.. something was not right with it. Right now I'm thinking "I really looked like that?!", and even feel a little, well, ashamed. I didn't know about controuring, so no accentuating or hiding features I liked/didn't like... plus no lenses.

I recieved new lashes and my 2nd ever pair of circle lenses (both from Pretty & Cute) on February 12th, and decided to wear them on Valentine's Day.
I also dyed my hair a nice burgundy and started wearing the curled-bangs look.

from Happy Valentine's Day (February)
Getting new lashes and circle lenses definitely helped! At this point, I began reading lots of ageha and learned some contouring, so I tried to hide my nose! Surprisingly, it worked a little. My coordinating skills were kinda blah at the time (still are... working on that the most!).
Mid-February, I changed my bangs to straight & blunt rather than side-swept. I felt it suited Hime better.

from [Tutorial]: Simple Hime hairstyle (February)
Also in February, I learned how to make a semi-bouffant(definitely not as big as desired), so I made a little tutorial. Around this time, I learned about heat protecting syrums and how to help curls hold in my hair, so I feel as if I stopped being terrible at doing hair. ♥

Once March rolled around, I started focusing on make-up again. At this point, I began "filling in" my eyebrows to give them a much softer look, and (in Mid-March) went back to side-swept bangs.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WYw13wm6yPc/TY4J4gHk6JI/AAAAAAAAAlo/oFM8RdJZ8FA/s512/sweet.png
I really love this picture. I feel like it captures me perfectly. xD
I started trying more hair and makeup styles, and got a little more cutesy with my style in general. I began focusing on nail-art and became interested in wigs at this point as well.

I ordered a hime wig from GLW in early April since I thought it would make things wayyyy easier! ('just put wig on > styling hair' was my thought)
my current signature photo ♥♥
This was around the time I had fallen out of love with Classic lolita. After getting the wig and seeing myself with it on, I seriously fell deeply in love with Hime. I felt like it was right for me and that I was finally pursuing the right fashion. I also started liking agejo style
In May, I received my shoe order from DreamV which began my Hime wardrobe (it's still very tiny). I couldn't focus much on Hime during May due to finishing school, so not much progress was made. xD

June was my month to purchase tons of make-up and revise my morning face cleaning routine. I got into the habit of taking my make-up off each night which I should have already been doing. I even got my first pairs of Diamond Lash's lovely lashes. ♥

from Lioele Makeup Base & Foundation review (June)
July just ended, and I feel like I made big progress during the month. I got my 3rd pair of circle lenses, lightened my hair, and began trying new styles of hair and make-up.


I feel like I've made huge progress over these past months, but I know I've still got a long way to go. I don't think I would have even made it this far without the support of my friends and all of you, my lovely readers. Thank you all so much! ♥♥


XOXOXO

7 comments:

  1. You're getting so good! I love your nose, I don't think you should be ashamed, it's so cute!

    And since I never use them, I have a question about lashes, can you re-use them? I've been wanting to get some, but I didn't want to get pricey ones if I can't re-use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sasha: Thank you! ♥ I feel like my nose is so wide at the bottom though -- like a little squash. ;n;

    Yes! Definitely, yes! I usually buy 10 packs, so that I won't need to re-use them. For my Diamond Lash lashes though, I re-use the same pair about 2 or 3 times before using a new one.
    I just make sure to clean them before the 2nd or 3rd use (soak in hot water with a little soap for about 3 minutes, then soak in just hot water for 2-3 minutes). Make sure they're completely dry before re-using or the lash glue will not hold!
    Soaking the lashes also works for ones that have lost their shape since you can reshape them while they're drying. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I am amazed at the change in progress going on in your pictures. :) You have gotten really good over the months. Congratulations on making it this far. <3 I would also like to say good luck on improving the look and style. Simply fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda: Thank you so much, hun. ♥ I'm at a loss of words to explain how happy I feel. ♥♥

    I usually like to work at things slowly so that I can focus on one piece at a time, and such a long span on months really helped.
    I can't wait to go on my 2-month 'journey' (kinda cramped compared to 7 months) and improve even more. ☆ Tomorrow is even a hair/make-up practice day for me! ;u;

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also think you have made progress! You look absolutely adorable, darling. Keep up the good work.

    I need to work on my hair and makeup so badly. Even though I've decided to kind of create my own style, it's still a little bit gyaru influenced, and I am lacking in those departments!

    Good luck :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ande: Thank you! ♥ I will continue to work hard!

    You could take 1 day a week to work on it for about 30 min-1 hr or longer. That's what I used to do (usually a Saturday). Also, I'm glad my dieting tip was helpful! ☀

    ReplyDelete
  7. On this photo (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ABb89kUAZU4/TbNfB8NyQoI/AAAAAAAAAsg/BPgpY3CENZ0/s400/himeeee.png)
    U look the most beautiful. U look so nice in light hair.

    ReplyDelete

Pink Arrow, Bow Tie Hearts Blinking, Letter C