Pink Arrow, Bow Tie Hearts Blinking, Letter C .jump-link { text-align: center; } -->

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I must change~!


Hello, Princesses!
It's already November, so the year's almost over!!
I'm going to try and go back to my Mon, Wed, Sat posting schedule!

So! As you all may know, I'm an insanely impulsive buyer... if I see something cute, I immediately wanna buy it then-and-there (and most of the time I do!). Well, as hard as it's been so far -- I've been trying to stop doing so
Working in retail makes it extra hard since we always have sales and everything is so adorable... There was a precious yellow rose ring on sale for only $2; how could I pass such a thing up?! It works with my wardrobe though!

That's what I'm really trying to get at. I've been working towards only getting items that actually work with my wardrobe. No more buying just because I think an item is cute (or is an amazing deal) -- why buy an item that I'm never going to even wear Sadly, I'm going to apply this to auctions as well. Sorry mbok & Y!JA sellers, but I won't be buying your amazingly priced lolita/hime items unless it's something I'll truly wear!!

Before buying an item, I'm going to ask myself
Does it work with my current wardrobe?
Does it actually fit?
Will I wear it more than once or twice?
Does it suit the season? Or can be worn year-round?
Will it still be available at a later date?

If the answer is no to any of these questions (well, except the last one), I'll reconsider purchasing! No one wants an item they won't wear~

Even though I've bought some cute items as of late -- guess what? They all work with my wardrobe! I think I'm truly off to a good start, and by following my questions and not buying just to buy, I've been saving money. I've saved over $75 these passed 2 weeks, and now that can go towards items I really need!! Yay!

If any of you lovelies have a problem with impulse buying, I hope this post inspires you to try and change, if you'd like. If you need help with it (or any problem at all), you can always talk to me. I'm here for you~


Also, I've added some links to the side-bar, so now you can easily access all my reviews, outfit posts, and craft/deco posts! I hope it helps out!

Kisses,

6 comments:

  1. I am like you too ^ ^ I need to change! I spend too much money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you! Lately it seems like I have been buying more than I have been saving, which is totally the case if you judge how many haul posts that I had done over the month or two! Fortunately I had already noticed this and had been cutting back on my spending (well trying to anyway, it is hard to resist cute stuff). xD

    I'm guilty as charged when it comes to buying things that I won't wear for a while, but that's because I'm trying to form a full wardrobe along with getting the himegyaru look down before actually wearing himegyaru. Recently I got back into crafting and am currently making some cute hime bows (a hime cannot have enough bows).

    Anyway, I find it awesome that all the things that you bought actually work with your wardrobe. It looks like I need to straighten out my priorities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you! I also have a problem with wanting to buy something just because it's cute or a good price! Can't help it! But I'm definitely doing better with reassessing the actual value of the product to my current situation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nana: Haha! Work towards not spending as much, or only buy items you need. You buy lots of clothes too, huh? xD You'll be able to change, just work hard!!

    Wanda: Your haul posts are always full of such cute items, so I understand how it was hard to resist. ;u;

    Ah, I understand buying it in that aspect. I also have some clothing for "future wearing". /nods
    I'm glad you're back into crafting~ I'd love to see what you come up with!

    Thank you! Saving is incredibly hard, but you'll get it down. I believe in you! C:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abbie: Yeah, it's terribly difficult to resist at times! ;n; I'm excited that you're doing better at it, though! Good job! ✔
    I believe that saving is truly one of the hardest things to do in life. xD;

    ReplyDelete
  6. great pointer tips before buying -0-! i'm so bad with buying items, i buy it if i like it =0= regardless if it fits in my wardrobe, or i just wear it once ^^ great post!!

    CMPang x
    http://maisecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Pink Arrow, Bow Tie Hearts Blinking, Letter C